When we are stopped for the night, they come right out, and settle into old habits, but know immediately when we are preparing to leave, and go to cozy, secure spots, where they ride it out!
When they emerge after stopping, especially after a long day on the road, like yesterday, they come to be petted, then head for the food dish!
We had intended to reach our first extended stay location in Utah by last evening, but had a late start (surprise!!), and a slight mishap that caused a bit of a delay, so stopped about a couple of hours short for the night. As nice as our campground was the previous night, this one is pretty marginal! Ok, but as a guy who pulled in behind us commented , it's no KOA!! But they are scarce in this area, and the next one was too far away. Oh well......our accommodations are still 5 star!
But now about that mishap. As nice as that campground was, with cement pads, wide spaces, lush vegetation, cute lampposts, and a sweet owner who wanted to be sure we enjoyed our stay, when we pulled out, we were rocking and rolling! And I don't mean like Chuck Berry!! I was unprepared for the rocking the swale created driving out.....it sure didn't appear like much. We both rocked in our seats, the pans and dishes rattled, the house creaked, and we both said WHOA!! And then I said poor kitties!! I try to drive gently for our precious cargo! Anyway, we thought no more of it, until quite a bit later when Clem went back to refresh my water, and uttered oh *&%#@#!! Seems he had put coffee in microwave to reheat, and had forgotten about it, and it was now all over the counter top, dripping out of microwave and onto floor and couch. Thank goodness for Correl dishes! I was ready for a break anyway, and a rest area came up just about then, so I pulled in, and helped with the cleanup. It just happened to be a flavored coffee, butter caramel, so the coach smelled sweet all day!
And here is the view from a rest area and information center just after entering Utah. The scenery has been spectacular, but no place to pull over for photos. When Clem used to drive, I would take them out the window, but he is not too keen on that idea! I keep saying I am going to get one of those little mountable cameras and put it on a helmet and wear it while driving!
Driving through Salt Lake City reminded us of our stop there last year, which was so neat, but seeing it from the highway was quite a sight, the big city buildings and the capital with those gorgeous mountains in the background.
On we go to our explorations in this beautiful part of the country!




No comments:
Post a Comment