First on the row were 60's muscle cars, which didn't especially excite me, until I started reading that they were maybe one of only 10 of that particular model made. Ok....I'm a bit more interested, but I really enjoy the older cars, and I was not disappointed as we rounded the line and started to find those. But once again....not just old cars. These cars are all unique in some way...the oldest, the first, one of only so many........and very cool! There was a Tucker, a Delorean Hupmobile, Duryea, which looked like a wagon , and had the first differential. How about a Deusenburg that cost nearly 10,000 in 1932 when it was made!
I am posting some of my favorite photos here, but my gallery shows more.
I loved this school bus!! I have NEVER seen one this old!
Look at this one carefully and see where he carries his golf clubs!
A 1940 Florida Police Cruiser
And this was just too cute......for a lady to take her friends out on the town!! Go girls!!
But then we got into his other collections. Rare Steinway pianos, old cash registers, golf clubs, toy cars and truck, dolls and teddy bears.....you name it! We had a great time checking it all out, and I took a ton of photos, then we walked back and headed out.
Tallahassee is about 6 hours from home, but we booked one more night out. When it is a long trip, we stop short of our goal, and this time it was very close, as we stayed the night at Jonathan Dickenson State Park, about 25 minutes from the house! We do this in order to clean the coach and ready it for storage, and also to pack up all our clothing and collect anything that needs to go to the house, which this time was a fair amount, as we brought things from the house. We have also learned that it is easier to pack grocery items that go back in house, and even put the cold things from the fridge into a cooler, and then when we get to the house, we can unload fairly quickly so the behemoth is not sitting in the middle of the road and bugging the neighbors! Of course, some come out to welcome us back, and some may want a quick tour, so that adds a bit of time, but is always fun. The unload was accomplished in about 1 1/2 hours, and we took it to storage.
I always feel a little bad to leave it, and this time was no different. I said "goodbye little house"after tucking her into her spot and locking the gate, where she will wait for
No comments:
Post a Comment