We came upon the town or Roswell, of alien fame, and Clem was adamant about not stopping! Convinced it will be all hokey......but since I am the driver, I decided we must at least drive through town, rather than taking the bypass! Way larger than I would have expected, and way lacking in aliens!!! A few here and there, but let me just say if I had owned a piece of property or business, there would definitely be an alien statue or something of that nature! Clem did snap a few photos, which I will post later. A stop along the roadside provided a historical marker photo on my phone, and the story of Roswell's beginning......which had nothing to do with aliens!
We found an RV park in Carlsbad, NM, not far from Carlsbad Caverns, and will spend the next day or so exploring what has been a National Park since the 30's, and a World Heritage since 1995. I read today that there are only 20 World Heritage Sites in the US, and this is will be our second this trip! There is a very interesting story about this park, and Franklin D Roosevelt's Civilian Conservation Corps and the work they did here. Can't wait to see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment